7.11.2012

Worship Wednesday 7-11

Happy Wednesday!

Here's what's going on in my world regarding worship:
Our worship team is currently brainstorming some new (to us) songs to incorporate into our weekly worship services. There's a lot of great stuff being written these days that I'm really excited about, as well as some older tunes we could spruce up. I'm enjoying the process of listening and thinking. As far as writing our own, we've kind of dropped that process for the time being due to life circumstances, but we'll pick it up again. Someday. I was working on a few original songs a little while back--now that I think of it, I really need to sit down with those again.

Meanwhile, God has me on vacation this week--mental vacation. Meaning, I'm not allowed to try to fix myself. I've been a chronic "fixer-upper" for as long as I can remember, but not on good, constructive household projects. No, I get consumed with seeing my own flaws and trying to process through them as quickly as possible. The result is that I end up beaten to a bloody pulp, because I am absolutely no good at showing myself grace or allowing myself time. I was reaching the breaking point of my sanity early this week due to this nasty pattern...So, God sent me on vacation.

It's actually really grand to not think deeply about too much right now. I'm able to look around and SEE people--astounding. Did you know other people are going through stuff? Did you know great stuff is happening in your own life, too? Amazing!

Sarcasm aside, God knew exactly what I needed, and He's giving it to me, just like I prayed a few weeks ago. I thought I needed a physical vacation, but I really need an internal one. So I sit back in my spiritual Adirondack chair with Him, looking out over the ocean, and I breathe. And He breathes. And it's just easy.

All while I'm at work in my office. Is it possible that this could be a lifestyle? Oh please, God, say yes...even for me, this bleeding fixer-upper.

This song continues to be a statement of the grace of God for me. A reminder to relax and enjoy time with Him...



Be blessed today. Know that you are not alone in your struggle. God knows exactly what you need, and longs to give it to you. Keep running to Him.
Under His grace,
S


No comments: